As a Category Vendor Manager you are responsible for expanding the portfolio for one of the following categories and their suppliers: Music (label experience preferred), Movies (label experience preferred), Books (publisher experience preferred), Electronics, Software, Games, Telecommunication, Audio & Hifi, Household, Drugstore, Toys & Modelling, Building Hardware & Garden, Pet Supplies, Cars & Motorcycles, Sports & Leisures. Covering the Buy-Side of Category Management you will be entrusted with the overall management of revenue, profit, and goal-setting of your category. You will ensure that our customers have the most attractive product offering in the online market and we have a supplier base that aspires to be customer-obsessed. You will execute on the company strategy through developing and cultivating new as well as existing supplier relationships and thus drive portfolio expansion. You will strive to connect with internal business partners to help facilitate the expansion focus areas and get appropriate attention with pricing, marketing, and supply chain.
- Overall responsibility for the increase in revenue and profits as well as the growth of assigned category (e.g. through driving (re)negotiations with our suppliers).
- Supplier management for assigned category groups. You source external suppliers to acquire and maintain comprehensive product information for the assigned categories, including product specifications, product images, and additional product content (e.g. videos). Design and execute a category line structure for your domain category that maximizes revenue and customer relevance.
- Driving results through the execution of product line tactics, including SKU selection and strategic sourcing initiatives - including fact-based negotiations (supplier and industry analysis. benchmarks, cost structure analysis) for all associated categories.
- Identifying supplier risk areas and quantifying risk exposure for managed categories and executing risk mitigation actions.
- Manage and expand your domain’s product lines by researching customer needs and competitor product lines. You have a strong awareness of our overall product palette, and provide leadership to your content management sparring partner on product blend and completeness of offering.
- Optimize and increase listing visibility and traffic through close collaboration with our Marketing team.
- Monitor, analyze and report on performance metrics, sales, pricing, and competitive listings.
- You are able to lead change, demonstrate agility in relation to change and ensure a continuously high performing team. You inspire others in order to reach stated objectives